Halliwell jones warrington meet the team logo

Warrington Wolves - Wikipedia

halliwell jones warrington meet the team logo

INSTAGRAM · FACEBOOK. Halliwell Jones Chester. Chester · Cars · Finance Offers · Insurance Solutions · Services · About Meet Our Team. The new Halliwell Jones Stadium pitch has a mm gravel carpet Mel is confident that his team can meet these challenges, especially as. Commencing with our first centre at Southport in Halliwell Jones has, over the at Chester, Warrington, The Wirral, Llandudno in North Wales and Wilmslow. Halliwell Jones have always been proud to support several sports clubs in the PPF Professional Players Federation logo; FIFPro World Players Union logo.

Another good cup run took the Wire to the Challenge Cup final. This time they were to play local rivals Widnes. They led nil at half time, eventually taking the trophy by nil. In —52 Ces Mountford was appointed coach with a ten-year contract. Helens came to Wilderspool and were well beaten 11—5. They despatched Leeds in the Challenge Cup to get to their second final of the season, they were to play Halifax in both games. The intense Wembley final ended in a draw, two goals a piece. The replay was held at OdsalBradford and a recordpaid to see Warrington defeat Halifax 8—4.

Thousands more got in for free and estimates of the total crowd were in the region of —, Warrington secured another victory by four goals to Halifax's two goals and a try. The club had done the League and Cup double to add to the Lancashire Cup they had already won. For the second consecutive season Warrington took the honours, the final score was 7—3.

Warrington Wolves

Eight clubs participated in a series of games played at football grounds in the London area, with Warrington eventually running out 43—18 victors over Leigh at Loftus Road. On 19 JanuaryWarrington launched a lottery, which played an important part in the club's finances in future seasons. In the —60 season, they won the Lancashire County Cup for the first time in 22 years, playing all their games away from home. Helens were the final hurdle but the Wire managed a 5—4 win at Central Park.

InWarrington reached the RL Championship final held at Odsal, but Leeds had total control over the match and ran out 25— This also turned out to be the last match for long serving coach Ces Mountford.

Welcome to our MINI Centre.

Ernie Ashcroft took over as coach from the departed Ces Mountford for the —62 season. Easter Monday saw Brian Bevan 's last match for Warrington. During the early part of the —66 season floodlights were installed and a friendly match against Wigan was arranged.

They were officially switched on for the match on Tuesday 28 September, Wigan winning the match. Warrington's home game against Widnes became the first rugby league match to be broadcast on BBC albeit only to the south of England. The final of the Lancashire Cup was reached by gaining a 21—10 victory over Oldham in the semi-final. The final against Rochdale Hornetsat Knowsley Roadwas won 16—5. He was replaced by Peter Harvey.

The change made little difference as the club won only 11 out of 24 matches. All of these 'A' shares were sold to Ossie Davies and were worth five votes for each share, rather than the usual one.

The directors of the old board agreed to resign and Mr. Davies who had been Vice Chairman of the old board, became Chairman of the new board. Alex Murphy joined Warrington as player-coach on 20 May The indifferent league form continued in —75, as did the early exit from several cup competitions, the Challenge Cup being the exception.

Warrington again reached Wembley to face Widnes; the Chemics winning 14—7. The first trophy was the Locker Cup won with a 14—9 victory over Wigan. Next was the Players No. A new competition, the Captain Morgan Trophy, provided the club with its third trophy of the season. However, the team continued to perform poorly in the league. Warrington defeated Huddersfield, Huyton and then Dewsbury were defeated to get to Wembley for the first time in twenty years.

Warrington beat 24—9 Featherstone Rovers for the second time that season in a cup final to win the Challenge Cup. The final at Wigan was against St. Helens, and after a great struggle Warrington won their fifth trophy, 13— Alex Murphy then retired as a player but continued to coach the side. Poor league performance continued in —78 but Warrington again made it to the Regal trophy final. Warrington beat Widnes 9—4.

A solid year-round performance saw Warrington finish second in the league, losing only 8 matches all year. A major highlight of the season was the controversial 15—12 victory over the Ashes -winning Kangaroo tourists.

For the second year running the club reached the John Player Trophy final, but were unable to repeat the previous year's victory, the match going to Widnes by 16—4. After consistently good performances in the league they were League Championship runners-up. They also won the Premiership Trophy final against Halifax. Australian Brian Johnson was appointed the club's head coach and manager in Warrington lost 34—16 and this is the last appearance in the Challenge Cup final before their success in Warrington made it to the final of the Regal Trophy in but lost 40—10 to Wigan at McAlpine StadiumHuddersfieldthey also came close to winning the Championship finishing third on points difference behind Wigan and Bradford.

The following season Warrington made the Regal Trophy final once more, again losing to Wigan. With the advent of Super Leagueseveral mergers between clubs were proposed. Warrington were scheduled to merge with Widnes to form Cheshire who would compete in Super League. This was, however, resisted.

Warrington were awarded a place in the Super League and Widnes were at one stage given a place but then were dropped and had to be relegated to Division One. Summer era[ edit ] Inthe first tier of British rugby league clubs played the inaugural Super League season [10] and changed from a winter to a summer season.

halliwell jones warrington meet the team logo

Warrington added "Wolves" to their name; wolf symbols had started to appear on Warrington shirts in the early nineties, and there was a wolf featured in the middle of the town's coat of arms. To mark this change Warrington produced a new logo which is still in place to date. Dorahy resigned in Marchbefore the end of the season with Warrington sitting on the bottom of the Super League ladder.

Plans to move from Wilderspool Stadium were announced with Burtonwood the likely site. The former brewery on Winwick Road was chosen to be the new home for Warrington and Tesco were also to develop on the land with their first ever supermarket in the town.

A lengthy planning process finally ended with permission finally given for a 14, capacity stadium and supermarket to be built.

The capacity was reduced to 13, on safety grounds after the first match. Inretired Australian captain and scrum-half, Allan Langer came out of retirement to play in Super League for the Warrington Wolves. He captained the side and took them to within one match of the Challenge Cup Final in Paul Cullen was appointed head coach in[10] replacing Plange. Their best season in Super League has been the season Super League Xwhere they finished in 4th place and earned a home tie in the playoffs.

halliwell jones warrington meet the team logo

They are the only club never to have been relegated from the top flight of rugby league, throughout their long history. Unfortunately despite challenge cup success and good league position Warrington were knocked out of the play offs early.

Move to Halliwell Jones Stadium[ edit ] Warrington's first season in the Halliwell Jones Stadium saw slight underachievement on the pitch reflected in their finishing position of eighth in Super League, though they did make the Challenge Cup semi-finals. However, they recorded a significant increase in their average attendances and midway through the season the club was purchased by events promoter Simon Moran. Australian scrum-half Andrew Johns played 3 games for the club when his Australian club Newcastle concluded their season.

The signing caused controversy for a number of reasons: The signing and subsequent confusion over the rules led other Super League clubs to follow the example set by the Wire and signed their own Antipodean players on short-term contracts. On 22 SeptemberWarrington beat Leeds 18—17 at Headingley to progress to the second round of the Super League play-offs.

However, they were unable to progress any further as they were beaten 40—24 by Bradford Bulls at Odsal Stadium. Warrington finished the season seventhin the table, which was seen as a disaster for the club following the impressive signings made during the close season. Finishing 7th resulted in Warrington missing out on the end of season playoffs for the first time in 3 years with local rivals Wigan pipping the Wire on the last weekend of the season.

Warrington have already signed four players for the season. Warrington announced that Australasian trio Chris LeikvollBrent Groseand Henry Fa'afili could not be retained for the season due to salary cap restrictions.

After a storming start to the season, Chris Bridge was once again injured with a ruptured achilles tendon and this ruled him out for the rest of the season. Stuart Reardonfull back for the team, is also expected to have a full reconstruction of his achilles tendongained at the clash against St. Helens and is expected to be out for the rest of the season. Paul Wood is also likely to be out for the season, after a further injury to his shoulder.

In a match on 8 May Matt King was knocked out in a game against Wigan from a high tackle that caused Wigan player Richard Mathers to be sent off.

King was stretchered off, but only received slight concussion. Utility back Paul Johnson missed most of the season after it was confirmed that he needed a full cruciate knee ligament reconstruction. Johnson was injured during the second half of Warrington's 40—34 cup defeat at St Helens. On 27 May Head Coach Paul Cullen resigned from the coaching role at the club following a run of only one victory in 7 league fixtures.

Simon's Away Days - Halliwell Jones Stadium

James Lowes was appointed as the new Head Coach of the club and given a contract until the end of the season. The club went on to finish the season in sixth position in the table and securing a playoff tie away to Catalans Dragons. The Wolves lost 46—8 ending what was another season to forget for the club. Tony Smith era[ edit ] On 5 March, after losing all three of their opening games to the Super League XIV season, Warrington removed James Lowes from the position of head coach, and replaced him with then- England coach, Tony Smith who was also given the role of director of rugby.

Mel is confident that some time in the future funds will be earmarked for the provision of a fully automated pop up watering system enabling more efficient water scheduling at the stadium. Mel has been trying out a number of different fertiliser products to stimulate the grass, using the little and often approach, hoping to find the right balance using both organic and non- organic fertiliser compounds. Turf diseases at the stadium have been minimal with a few outbreaks of leaf spot being seen.

Any weeds are spot treated with weed killer. Mel does not like overdosing all the surface, it's not only a waste of chemical but he does have concerns about chemical residues in the soil. Mel is pleased with the quality of sward he now has to manage, knowing full well it can only get better.

The club have also been very considerate by ensuring that Mel is given a fairly restricted programme of matches for this season, with only first team matches allowed and no pre-match games being played in the first few months of the season.

All remaining club sides and academy teams will continue to train and play at Wilderspool for the next eighteen months. At the start of the playing season in February the sward was still very open. This was evident by the amount of sand that was been trafficked into the changing rooms on the bottom of players' boots, and the amount of abrasions they were getting on their legs and elbows from the sand.

It was quite a concern during the early part of the season but thankfully, due to this year's early fine weather and favourable soil temperatures, the grass began to knit over reducing sand migration and injuries to players. Root depth varies from mm with deeper rooting seen above the sand bands.

Mel has found that his watering requirements at the new pitch differ somewhat from the old stadium. At Wilderspool watering had to be undertaken nearly every other day during dry spellswhereas the new pitch can go for longer periods before watering is required.

Matches at the new stadium revolve around the Super league fixture programme, which often is dictated by the TV coverage. Mel's maintenance programme is geared around these first team fixtures, usually played on a Sunday. Mel's regular maintenance programme starts after a game, when divots are replaced and continues the following day. The pitch measures 68m x m with a 7 metre dead ball area at each end. The playing surface is holding up well with very few divots being made.

This is due to the combination of the maintenance and the variety of grasses in the sward predominently rye grassesand perhaps due to the nature of the game being played. Rugby league is a running game, there are no line outs or scrummages to damage the turf surface. According to Mel, presentation is the key. The pitch needs to be seen as a quality advertisement for the game.